This picture courtesy of Joseph DeLeo
Children want texture; it makes meals extra attention-grabbing and primes them for grown-up consuming. This may be served heat or chilly, and it’s a good twist on plain outdated hen strips. Lemon is an effective option to get youngsters used to bitter flavors.
Allow them to twist some lemon juice on it after which see if consuming the hen could make them do the Twist. After dinner, put some music on and dance!1. Use your baby’s favourite dipping sauce, resembling ranch or barbecue, to dunk these into. Mayonnaise with a little bit of dried mustard and lemon zest is yummy, too.
2. Freeze your hen barely to make it simpler to slice.
3. In case you are involved about completely cooking your hen, put it in a 300°F oven on a baking sheet to complete cooking for about 5 minutes.
4. Panko breadcrumbs are from Japan and might be discovered within the ethnic aisle of your grocery retailer.
Recipe CourseFundamental Course
Dietary ConsiderationLactose-free, Low-fat, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Tree Nut Free
Style and TextureTacky, Crisp, Meaty, Savory, Tart
- 2 boneless, skinless hen breasts, or 1 pound hen tenders
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup coarse, dry breadcrumbs (or panko; see Notes)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
Minimize the hen lengthwise into ½-inch-wide strips. Combine collectively the lemon juice and cornstarch, then combine within the egg whites; put aside.
For the breading: Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, zest, and salt in a low, large dish or zip-top bag. Dip the hen within the egg combination after which into the breading combination. Place onto a plate and put aside.
Warmth a sauté pan on medium warmth and add the oil. Sauté the hen strips till golden on either side.
Strive lime or orange juice and zest as a substitute of lemon.
Use turkey breast instead of hen.
2008 Jennifer Carden
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, unique companion presents, and extra straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Remark
Are you certain you wish to report this remark? Will probably be flagged for our moderators to take motion.
Thanks for taking the time to enhance the content material on our website.