- Take a look at Kitchen-Authorised
Had some hen breast within the fridge. Did not really feel like breading them, so I made this. —mrslarkin
Take a look at Kitchen Notes
Mrslarkin’s Lemon Rooster recipe was developed out of necessity. Armed with hen breasts however with out the desire to cook dinner something difficult or messy, she improvised. There can be no fancy breading, no marinade, no fussy prep work–as a substitute, she’d make the most of the few, good substances she had and make them shine. Do you’ve got hen? Butter? Lemon? You then’re midway to this excellent weeknight meal.
This is why it is best to make this straightforward meal for dinner tonight:
There’s a entire world inside your pantry–and yours would not even have to be stocked that effectively to tug off this recipe.
Every thing tastes higher in a butter-lemon sauce. Your hen shall be wealthy and shiny, and you will marvel why–within the final month of 2014–you are making this recipe for the primary time.
It is an ideal dinner for 2 and appears fancier than it really is–invite somebody over on a weeknight and blow them away with how effortlessly you pulled it off after a protracted day.
Cleansing up this one-pan meal shall be really easy, you will take into consideration making this recipe once more tomorrow. —Julie Myers
2 to three
boneless, skinless hen breast halves
unsalted butter, divided
juice of 1/Four to half lemon
1/4 to 1/2 cups
low-sodium hen broth
freshly cracked black pepper
flat-leaf parsley for garnish
lemon slices for garnish
- Slice hen breast thinly. I reduce them in half first, separating the fats finish from the thin finish. Slice the fats finish into Three or Four skinny slices and the thin finish in two, relying on the dimensions of your breasts. Season flippantly with salt.
- In a medium non-stick frying pan, soften 1 tablespoon butter over medium warmth.
- In a shallow bowl, season the flour with some salt. Dredge the hen within the flour.
- Add a number of dashes of olive oil to the melted butter. Place hen in pan and cook dinner for two minutes per facet, or till virtually cooked by means of. Do that in a few batches, including a little bit of butter (reserving 1 tablespoon for step 5) and a touch of oil every time. Take away cooked hen to a heat platter.
- Add lemon juice to the pan and deglaze. Transfer off the warmth if it’s burning. Add 1/Four cup of the broth and convey pan again to the warmth, stirring, till barely thickened. Add extra broth if too thick. Flip off warmth and stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Dip hen items into pan sauce, and return to heat platter. Pour remaining sauce over hen. Grind a bit of black pepper over high. Garnish with parsley and a slice of lemon.
- Buon appetito!